If your school uses GSuite (Formerly Google Apps), you can enable single sign on and calendar integration via Gibbon. This process makes use of Google APIs, including OAuth, and allows a user to access Gibbon without a username and password, provided that their listed email address is a Google account to which they have access
1. Log in to the Google developer console. This requires that you have an account with administrative privileges on your G Suite domain.
2. Once logged in you need to create a new project by clicking the Create Project button:
3. In the new project set-up dialog, give your project a name. Click the Create button:
4.Click on the Credentials tab:
5. Then click Create credentials:
6. Click Choose OAuth2 Client ID:
7. If you have not already configured the consent screen, at this point you will be required to do so:
8. Fill in the details for the Product Name and click Save.
9. In the new client ID window, do the following:
- Choose Web Application.
- Set Authorised Redirect URI to http://www.your-gibbon-intall/lib/google/index.php. The googleOAuth folder is in the in the lib folder of Gibbon v14.0.00 and above on your server.
- Click create client ID:
10. After this is complete, the client id details will be given to you: (Save the client ID and client secret for step 14.) 11. Create an API key: 12. Save the API Key for step 14: 13. Leave the Key Restriction blank: 14. Everything is now set up on the Google side, so you can enter your details into Gibbon by going to Home > System Admin > Third Party Settings. The details you need to enter into are as follows.
- Google Developers Client Name
- Google Developers Redirect URI (See step 9 above)
Use details from steps 7-8 or click on the Credentials tab: For the following use: Google Developers Client ID = Yellow Google Developers Client Secret = Red Google Developers Client Name = Blue Google Developers Redirect Url = Green API Key: 15. To turn the required APIs, click on Library tab for APIs: Enable:
- Google+ API
- Google+ Domains API
- Calendar API
For example: 16. On the Gibbon home page, you should now see a Sign In With Google button, which allows users to enter the system without their Gibbon username and password. 17. When a user logs in using Google, their personal calendar, if not yet set, will be set to their primary Google Calendar. 18. In additional, the school can specify a Google Calendar for all users to have in their timetable. To set this up, go to Home > System Admin > Third Party Settings and set the School Google Calendar ID School Google Calendar ID field to the ID of a shared Google Calendar.